Sunday, June 11, 2006

Cultural chasm.

These days, I feel communication with other cultural people is sometimes difficult.
First, language and second, cultural chasm.

I have a lot of procedures must be done in English. Just reading English is not big deal for me.
If I face some words don't know, just look up them. However, writing e-mail in English gives me trouble. Of cource, I have sent English e-mail. But just for my friends, never for person who I don' t know.

I think I had sent rude e-mails for them. For example, I thought the person was woman.
Because it looked like woman's name. So I sent ' Dear Ms. ~ ', but the person was man!!!
Additionally, I did not take much care for grammer. I tried to sent polite e-mails, but I should care about it more and more. Someone might feel bad. It is said that, it depends on your writing I can get the responce or not. I have not received some responces yet.

Now, I'm trying to write correct grammer writing. I also try to read some books which are written about how to write English e-mail. I have a lot of opportunity to write English e-mail from now on. So, I want to brush up my writing skill and e-mail manner.

Cultural chasm is also dfficult for me. Today I reconfirmed one important thing. If I have some opinion, do not hesitate to talk about them. If I don't talk to the people, nobody knows! I think I will face a lot of cultural chasm in the US. I will try to talk and tell them about my own feeling.

No comments: